Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscars 2009 - And the winner is....

This was one of my favorite Oscar telecasts in quite a while. I really enjoyed the new format, thought Hugh Jackman was great and I was thrilled for all the winners - especially Sean Penn & Milk, Kate Winslet, and, of course, Slumdog.

Now onto the most important topic...the red carpet! I could go on & on about all the details...the gowns, beauty, bling, shoes, clutches, etc but I'm gonna try to keep it short & stick to the higlights & hits of the night.

My personal favorite of the night was Taraji P. Henson in Cavalli. I loved absolutely everything about the look. The beautiful ivory color, delicate tiered layers, the red clutch added a pop of color and, of course, the to-die-for Fred Leighton necklace. I loved her hair and makeup too. I thought she won by a landslide.

Images: 1 & 2 - usweekly.com, 3 - instyle.com


Next is Marisa Tomei. I loved the structure of her pleated Atelier Versace and thought that she totally rocked the look.

Image : instyle.com

Sarah Jessica Parker looked beautiful in her "barely mint" Dior Couture gown. I thought her makeup was a tiny bit harsh but she pulled it off in the way that only SJP can.

Image: usweekly.com

Penelope Cruz wore vintage Balmain. She looked like a beautiful bride. Oh and the 69-carat Chopard necklace! Wow!

Image: usweekly.com

I was a tiny bit disappointed in two of my faves, Kate Winslet & Freida Pinto, possibly because I built up expectations. I've been dying to see what they would show up in for a while now, so I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. I definitely did like aspects of what they both wore.

Kate Winslet in an asymmetrical Atelier YSL gown with an embroidered silk overlay. The metallic slate color was different and I love love love the Chopard diamond earrings and bracelet.

Image: usweekly.com

And I love the cobalt colored, sari-inspired Galliano but I wasn't thrilled with the lace sleeve....I liked the look a lot better from the back and from the right side though and the girl is drop-dead gorgeous so I'd say overall she was a hit.

Image: usweekly.com


Last, but not least, I did like Jennifer Aniston's look. It was effortless yet glamourous. Her hair was beautiful and I liked the beaded Valentino Haute Couture Gown.

Image: usweekly.com

Image: instyle.com

After writing this I realized there's so much more I want to touch on. I just knew I wouldn't be able to keep this short & sweet! Check back later for some of the major trends of the night.


No comments: