Tuesday, February 17, 2009

To Veil or Not to Veil....


I have the dress but I have absolutely no idea about the veil. Do I even want to wear one? I don't really consider myself a veil girl but would I be missing out if I didn't wear one? Birdcage, cathedral, fingertip, elbow. And nevermind all the detailing - lace trims, crystals and pearls. It's all so confusing! But the images above are so breathtaking that I think I'm leaning the way of the veil.

Images: Christian Oth Studio, Pronovias Manuel Mota - Brides.com, Sara Gabriel


7 comments:

said...

I say yes for a veil :)

Bridechka said...

I'm going with a veil partly for tradition (Jews, we are big on the significance of the veil ... we're big on tradition in general) and partly cause they are just so damn pretty! Besides when else are you gonna get to wear one?? I say live it up. But I am taking mine off after the ceremony ... cant have it getting in the way of the crazy dance party reception :)

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

love these photos! I had a birdcage netted veil!

Victory Bird said...

I'm going through the same question, and potentially will wear a super long simple tulle veil for the ceremony and a more fun birdcage for the reception?? Originally thought I was going to be birdcage all the way, but how can you resist that gorgeous first photo you posted? Can't I please have it all?

kadler said...

I love veils. And hats. And fascinators. Anything that goes on the head :)

natwhat said...

VEIL!!!!!

Ann-Michelle said...

I know this was posted a while ago, but here is my blog: www.theveilblog.blogspot.com.

It is dedicated to helping you choose a veil. I also do custom veils and fascinators.

<3 thanks!