Friday, February 20, 2009

Visions of Cupcakes Dance Through My Head


I, like most brides-to-be I'm sure, have been on a pretty rigorous diet and exercise plan for a while now. I've had a pretty good run minus the occasional cocktail and I've seen some decent results so far - 15 lbs in the first 6 weeks.

Unfortunately I let myself slip the other night at the Meet & Greet. I tried to be strong but the overwhelmingly delicious scent of Chocolate Blossom Cakes cupcakes took over me. It was the most delicious thing I ever tasted! Ok, I only had one little itty bitty cupcake but that sent me into a downward spiral. I ended up at Gemma later that night, dining next to Jamie-Lynn Siegler, with a plate full of pasta in front of me. Pasta & sweets in one night?!?! What did I do to myself? Needless to say I was famished all day yesterday. And I got on the scale this morning to find myself a 1/2 lb heavier than last week and at the same weight I was 2 weeks ago. Frustration has taken me over!

I'm kicking it into gear again this weekend. Hitting the gym the next three days and laying off the sweets & cocktails. Hope your weekend is more pleasurable than mine! :)

Image: marthastewart.com

3 comments:

kadler said...

Ice cream is my big vice. And it always gets the better of me!

Love your story, by the way. I'm so glad you're getting to have the wedding you've always wanted :)

Mo said...

Yay for losing 15 lbs!
If the cupcake was the yummiest thing you've ever tasted, then I'd say the 1/2 lb. was totally worth it.

natwhat said...

Awh come on... 15 lbs and you got a delicious cupcake?! I'd say you're doing mighty fine, D. ;)

Love you beautiful girl!