Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cocktail Hour Options


Image: Jen Kroll Photography


Image: marthastewartweddings.com



Images: gifts.com, stylemepretty.com

We really wanted to have bud vases and votives on the tables for the cocktail hour but we were totally suprised at how expensive bud vases could be! Since we are trying to keep our flower budget in check we were thinking of coming up with more affordable alternatives. The only thing I can come up with is having a few votives on each table but we could upgrade to more decorative ones than the hotel provides.


Image: gifts.com


I'm desperate for ideas and am absolutely amazed at my lack of creativity here! I'd love to hear if anyone has any other ideas.

3 comments:

Mo said...

Oooh I recognize that photo in the middle right. It's a Martha Stewart craft in which you pour enamel paint into a bottle and it ends up looking opaque. I tried to do the craft, but it was super messy, so not sure if you want to go that route: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/best-bottle-beauty?autonomy_kw=bottle&rsc=header_8.

Ikea sells very inexpensive votives. To spruce it up you could always decoupage fancy paper on the outside.

Kilee said...

I am a huge fan of Jodi Bos's work (first image). Did a large post on her last month on my site.

Did you try Ikea, Pearl River Mart in downtown NY, Cultural Intrigue? These are all great places with affordable options. Also, have a look at some of the great thrift stores in NY - Angel Tree (on 17th Street) and Housing Works. You can't go wrong with some of the options.
Hope this helps!

Kilee
www.happyhourbride.com


Kilee

What he ate, what I ate. said...

These are divine. I especially love the simplicity of the top photo.