Friday, April 3, 2009

What A Week!

Or a week and a half I should say. I have been so preoccupied and running around with all the happenings with Antoinette, that I totally forgot that today was the day we originally set to get legally married! I mean we never made the plans other than getting an appointment for 5pm today at City Hall in Toronto but we did envision having a few key people, including Ant, fly up with us for the weekend. We wanted to have the civil ceremony today followed by dinner at a nice restaurant and then we were planning on going to a hockey game tomorrow night. But once CT legalized same-sex marriage we decided to do it there instead of Toronto figuring it would be easier and much cheaper. Funny, I guess things happen for a reason.

Antoinette miraculously is doing a lot better. She was transferred to a hospice facility on Long Island yesterday so we're heading out for the weekend to spend time with her. We feel like every minute is so precious but we are going to try to squeeze in a little fun time to go bridesmaid dress shopping with my sisters.

I've really been missing normalcy lately and blogging is something that I love to do so I'm going to try to do it on a more regular basis even with everything going on. I mean after all it's cathartic and I love looking at pretty things. It makes me happy :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Image: Dress by Galit Levi

No comments: