Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Reality Check


Well I guess it wasn't a dream after all! We're finally back from our honeymoon and we had a wonderful time but now the time has come to try to get back to reality. I have to tell you that it's a really really hard thing to do. I'm still on this bridal high and I'm not exactly sure how to reacquaint myself with normalcy.

The whole wedding kinda seems like it was a dream. I'm really thankful for the tons of pictures that have been coming in from various family & friends. I need them to show myself that our amazing wedding did, in fact, happen!


Our apartment still looks like a wedding bomb went off with presents, extra favors & welcome bag supplies, and various other wedding accessories scattered all over the place. We even have our dresses hanging from both our closet doors. Basically there's no where to walk. Needless to say we'll be on opperation declutter very soon.

So now's the time to start the recap. I want to share everything with you guys but I'm not exactly sure where to begin. I guess I'll start by sharing a few pictures from the morning of.


The amazing Central Park view from our suite

It was such a special time. My sisters Lisa & Krissy along with J & myself were whisked from our hotels downtown to our salon for hair. It was such a great time. It almost felt like we were in Steel Magnolias taking over the salon. It was exactly what J & I had always envisioned.

My ceremony hair flowers

My sister Krissy's hair rocked!!!

Then we headed back on uptown to le Parker Meridien where we were joined by our fabulous makeup artist Erika. Seriously, she is the greatest makeup artist that I've ever worked with. I was so thrilled that she was available to work her magic on our wedding day.


Erika at work on my sister Lisa

And I cannot forgot our amazing friends Natalie & Courtney. They showed up at the hotel bright and early and were there the entire way making our day totally unforgettable. We love those girls, they're basically like our sisters, and it meant so much to have them there with us to share in the events of the day. They even documented the whole thing with a ton of pictures & video. AMAZING!

Love these girls! xoxo

I have some video too that I'll share sometime soon. That really captures the fun, loving, lighthearted, unforgettable time we had that morning.

5 comments:

natwhat said...

awh! hi!! :) love you! it was so beautiful :) can't wait to see your face again soon. glad you are back and safe. xoxoxoxo

little luxury list said...

Krissy's hair did totally rock and so did yours!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Welcome back!! Love the flower in your hair. Can't wait to see more.

Cyn said...

Yay! I love the way you documented the whole day from hair and makeup to the view from your suite. Awesome!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

awesome! congrats!!!You both look stunnning!!
I would love for you guys to come enter, I am hosting my first LGBT Giveaway for newlyweds to win custom art...and I would be thrilled if you could spread the word...here is the details!

http://www.soyoureengayged.com/kellys-ideas/custom-canvas-wrap-giveaway-worth-100/