Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year, New Me!


Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all have an amazing, fun-filled, safe night! We're heading on over to the LES for dinner and then out to a club where we'll ring in the new year with our friends. Should be fun despite the snowy weather.

I'm really looking forward to a fresh new start. 2009 was probably one of the best and worst years of my life. I won't get into all the details but the major highlight was getting married and major low was the death of my best friend. All in all, I think I've learned a lot this year and I'm hoping to continue to learn & grow in 2010.

I decided I didn't want to make resolutions this year since they're meant to be broken. Instead I've decided on a few goals I'd like to accomplish. I don't know why but the word goals make them sound more positive and attainable.

Here's the quick list that I'll try to expand more on in the next few days.
  • Be healthy (I know it's not very original but it's a necessity)
  • Stop the clutter
  • Learn to take great pix
  • Be a better friend
  • Entertain more
  • Learn to say NO more often
  • Have disconnect days
So what about you guys? Do you make resolutions/set goals? I'd love to hear them if you do.

Oh and with the start of a new year, I'm thinking of making some slight modifications here on over at The Alternative Bride. Nothing too drastic. This will continue to be a place where I post things that intrigue and inspire me. But I am thinking of changing my name from The Alternative Bride to The Alternative Wife now that I'm married. And as you've probably noticed over the past few months, it's becoming less of a wedding blog and more of an all around things that make me happy blog. I'm not moving away from weddings all together. I still love them and will continue to post wedding inspiration, but just not quite as often in the past. I hope that you all continue to follow me and that the things that make me happy, make you guys too :)

Image: found here

5 comments:

honey my heart said...

happy new year dawn! hope your celebration is great. and good luck with your goals :) i don't really make resolutions, but do have small goals and projects that i note each new year. and i really like your name change :)

little luxury list said...

Totally miss the LES! Go for it - alternative wife!

I don't have resolutions - but definitely a continuing set of goals similar to yours.

Oh and obviously will follow you - as you can tell I've morphed into something similar. Happy New Year dear!

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh I'm in love with that picture...wow!

I love your list, similar to what mine should be...and yeah go for the change babe, I'm staying.

Happy New Year
xoxo

prashant said...

definitely a continuing set of goals similar to yours.

eminem video

Mrs T said...

Love the name change - sounds perfect!