Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Take Two


Good morning lovelies! Hope you all had a wonderful evening.

So last night didn't turn out exactly as planned. After running around to pick up xmas gifts and stopping by the grocery store to get baking supplies, we came home and realized that we forgot to get butter! Seriously we're brilliant. So rather than run back out to the store at 8:30 to get butter that would need to then be defrosted, we decided to officially postpone cookie baking until today.

We did, however, manage to squeeze in a few other baking projects that I had on the agenda. I made apple pie, brownies and, what I'm most excited about, I made Peppermint Bark for the very first time!


I don't know about you all but I seriously LOVE peppermint bark. There's something oh so delicious about the layers of chocolate and mint. Oh Williams-Sonoma, thanks for helping add an additional 5 lbs to the yearly holiday bulge ;)

I couldn't contain my excitment when I came across this recipe last week on The City Sage. How fabulous, right? I figured that it looked simple enough to make. Why not give it a shot? I could package it up and give out to our guests on xmas eve as an extra little treat.

Well I'm happy to report that everything went smoothly. It really didn't take much time at all to make. And it looks amazing! I haven't tasted it yet but I'm hopefully that it will be delicious. But maybe I should stop by Williams-Sonoma on my way home tonite to pick up some of theirs as backup...


Do you have any baking projects on tap this holiday?

Images: found here, here & here

1 comment:

Giovanna said...

Everything looks FABULOUS! And that butter fiasco sounds like every time i try to bake. i always forget a key ingredient, like butter, eggs or baking soda. :)