Monday, January 11, 2010

Thinkin Ink

J & I have been considering getting tattoos for some time now. And I mean some time...we're talkin like almost 20 years now since we first went on off to college! Well I think, see I say think, that we're ready to go ahead and take the plunge. I'm still not 100% sure of what I want to get or where I want to get it. I'm thinking maybe our monogram or maybe just her name...I just want a line drawing, no color. And I'm kinda liking the postioning of these....

Totally hot but I definitely don't have the bicep to pull this off :)

Lovin this although I could never get it soemwhere so visible.

I really love the idea of getting each others names on our ring fingers

But maybe I should just stick to these until I'm 100% sure...
Chanel transfer tattoos

Chanel is launching temporary tattoos inspired by the skin art seen on models at the Spring 2010 show in Paris.



Called Les Trompe L'Oeil de CHANEL Temporary Skin Art, these limited edition designs are based on the temporary tattoos that global creative director Peter Philips designed for the Paris runway show. Each pack contains five sheets (with 55 total designs included in each) and starting in mid-February they will be sold for $75.00 at Chanel.com and will arrive in Chanel boutiques March 1st.

I'm definitely digging the wrist ones. Not so sure about the thigh, not exactly my best feature. Probably best to skip that one and take the plunge to get a real one somewhere else :)

So who here has tattoos? What do you have and where do you have them?

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

14 comments:

natwhat said...

You know I love my tats... :)

Behind my right ear - 3 stars.
Inside of my left heel - fish.
Right shoulder blade - outline of Texas.

My next: quote going down right side of my hip/stomach.

Giovanna said...

i love the idea of each others' names on your ring fingers! i saw one on frolic that was cool too...please do it and post pics!

Cyn said...

LOL leave it to Chanel to make temp tattoos fab again!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I love the inside wrist but I'm always so scared than it 20 years I'm going to totally regret it.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Love the tattoo on the ring fingers...so romantic!

natwhat said...

ps: my vote is the back of the neck or the wrist. something more sexy about those places than the fingers...

debra@dustjacket said...

Maybe anywhere along the line were a bikini would sit. It's kinda sexy xxx

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

chanel has done it again! I want a tattoo too, don't know where or what either and to be honest im a bit scared!! maybe on my ankle? I love it behind the ear but i think it's too much! :)

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Love the Chanel ones, except the thigh one, which is really a tricky spot and also frankly it's kind of tacky IMO.

I just wonder how difficult they are to apply properly, because the placement must be tricky without the help of someone who knows what he's doing, since they go all around.

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Last nite we took stickers and put them all over our bodies to test them out. I definitely like behind the ear and on the wrist. And we pretty muc decided to do the ring finger too. I might go from zero to 3 in no time!!! Thanks for all your suggestions! :)
xoxo

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Love the first image...smokin' hot!

Punctuation Mark said...

I've always been too chicken to get a real tattoo and fake never liked because they don't last but those from Chanel are making me change my mind... :)

Mrs T said...

I don't have a tat because I am petrified of needles, and also a pain baby. I think I would get two dots of black ink on me and not be able to do anymore. Then I'd have two stupid dots on me forever!

My friend has he father's name tattooed on the back of her neck. Best tat I've ever seen. When she wants it covered she just wears her hair down

honey my heart said...

no tattoos, but i looove the ones where a mustache is tattooed on an index finger so you can hold it up to your face and it looks like you have one ;) still wondering if i will ever get one.