Friday, May 15, 2009

Busy Busy

Image: found here

Happy Friday everyone. Sorry I've been absent for a while. It's really been a hectic week between being sick and wedding and work so I've been a bit ovewhelmed. Unfortunately we ended up canceling our engagement photoshoot for today because I am still pretty under the weather. We'll just have to reschedule for early June after vacation. The good thing about that is that we should be nice and tan and relaxed so the pix hopefully will turn out good :)

We have a busy weekend on tap. Tomorrow we're planning on going flower girl dress shopping and we really need to try to finalize the invites by Sunday too. Oh and I'm still desperately searching for the perfect shoe. I think I'm making this a lot harder than it needs to be but I just can't find anything that I like.

Here are a few of the options I've been considering. Keep in mind, my ideal shoe would be burgundy, feminine - ie petals, flowers or bows or something of that sort, and ideally comfortable.

Christian Louboutin Petal Sandal

I absolutely adore these shoes! But they're not the right color. They're so perfect that I would take them in a second if they came in ivory but I think the pink is just too yellow for my color palette and I don't want to introduce another shade. Someone suggested that I get them hand painted burgundy but there's no way that I would risk that.

Christian Louboutin Glittered Platform Pump

And I think that these are fun. But they're not very bridal, are they? And when I showed them to Jen she said, and I quote "what is our wedding, the wizard of oz, dorothy? no ruby slippers." So I guess that's the end of that....

Christian Louboutin Satin D'Orsay Pump


These are really pretty but I think they're kind of plain in white or ivory. I guess I just really had my heart set on color. Should I have these dyed? I'm just terrified of a bad result. And what if they bleed? I would be horrified.


Image: found here

So now I'm thinking maybe I should just get a basic ivory shoe and add color with a flower clip-on? Problem is, I haven't been able to find a clip on that I like either. But I really don't know where to look. I searched Etsy and haven't found anything.

I hope that I find something I like this weekend and that I can just get this over with. Who knew that shoe shopping would be such a chore? If you guys have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Hope you all have a great weekend :)

2 comments:

honey my heart said...

the Glittered Platform Pump is my favorite, although it's not too bridal it is quite fun. good luck with your shoe shopping :)

Bridechka said...

Feel better hon!